14 May How to Choose The Right Health Care Provider for Your Injury
How to Choose the Right Health Care Provider for Your Injury!
As many of you already know, we are very fortunate at Thrive Health Co. to have an amazing array of practitioners with their own unique skill sets to get you feeling great in as short of a time as possible. The question still remains however… Who is the best person to see for your specific sports injury? Hopefully this article will point you in the right direction to answering this question.
Firstly, not every person responds well to every type of treatment and therefore your first question to ask yourself is which modality has worked well for you in the past? Was it the Chiropractic adjustments that sorted out that painful lower back? Was it the Physio’s dry needling and taping of your shoulder that finally fixed that annoying bursitis? Or maybe it was a combination of Remedial Massage and stretches that eliminated your headaches? In any of these cases their is something that your body has responded favourably to in the past! If you haven’t explored different forms of musculoskeletal treatment previously then the advice below should serve as a guide to help you make the best decision!
1) If your pain is coming from your neck, back, or you feel it is posture related then one of our Chiropractors should be your first port of call. Not only have our Chiropractors completed a five year University degree including a two year Masters, they also have undergone constant post-graduate training to ensure they are providing the most up to date, scientific techniques to help get you out of pain and maintain those improvements for many years to come!
2) If you have a specific injury and it feels more soft tissue related – especially if it is coming from your upper or lower limb then our highly experienced Physiotherapist Mat would be your best first step. Mat utilises a combination of muscle release techniques, dry needling, taping, and rehab exercises to get you back on track as quickly as possible. Most importantly, a visit to our Physio will not include lying on the bed for half an hour with heat packs and machines on your back – we are much more progressive than that!
3) If you feel like your issues are more general in nature such as stiff muscles all over or general tension, then Remedial Massage can work absolute wonders! Both Hannah and Carrie have hands of Gold and will have you feeling soft and supple in no time!
4) If you feel like your issues sit somewhere between a Physio and a Massage treatment then Myotherapy is definitely the treatment for you! Myotherapists are university trained therapists that utilise a combination of Massage techniques, dry needling, cupping, possible taping, and rehab advice. Our two superstar Myotherapists Jane and Sarah have a massive following within the community which speaks volumes for just how good they are!
5) Finally, If your complaints always seem to come back no matter how often you get treatment, if they are worse as the day progresses, or if you feel like your lack of movement is a key contributor to your aches and pains then an Exercise Physiology appointment is a must! Our movement guru Rachel offers initial movement assessments to see exactly what is causing you to not have long lasting changes, one one one rehabilitation sessions, and small group functional movement classes to get you firing on all cylinders and avoiding those unnecessary relapses down the track!
We are also very lucky to have the services of Nadia (Naturopath), and Kaylene (Psychologist) in case your complaints turn out to be more nutritional or psychological in nature.
Of course if all this information still leaves you staring blankly in to space then feel free to give us a call and we would be more than happy to have a chat and point you in the right direction!
And remember… Why just Survive, when you can THRIVE!