09 Apr Tips to maximise the benefits of our Chiropractic Care post adjustment
At Thrive Health Co. we get a lot of patients asking what to expect after their Chiropractic Care adjustment. Here are some tips on how to continue feeling the benefits long after the adjustments:
- It is crucial to go for a 5-10 minute walk directly following your adjustment in order to maximise the benefits of our care.
- Do not sit for more than 30 minutes if possible. Avoid sitting in recliners and soft couches.
- Do not use heat for pain relief. This will increase the swelling.
- Some soreness may be noticed after the adjustment. This is your body’s way of telling you to avoid physical stresses while you are healing.
- To help reduce pain and swelling, apply an ice pack that is wrapped in a cloth or paper towel to the area that we suggest for 20 minutes. Remove for one hour. Repeat this as needed.
- Walk as much as possible. If you cannot walk, crawl. Motion is good. However, if a particular motion causes discomfort, avoid it. g. if it hurts to bend forward, avoid bending forward.
- Drink large amounts of water. This will help flush toxins from your body and help your body heal.
- You spend about 1/3 of your life in bed. Sleep on a good supportive mattress and pillow.
- Sleep on your back or your side. Never sleep on your stomach. It is best for your legs to be flexed at a 30-45 degree angle when sleeping on your side.
- If you feel better, tell us. It is important that we be made aware of improvement.
- Follow these recommendations. There is no substitute for carefully timed chiropractic adjustments.