19 Feb What’s stopping you from achieving your goals?
So it’s a new year and you have a new health and well being goal. Great!
Is it a S.M.A.R.T goal? If you answered yes, then that’s fantastic, you are well on your way to achieving that goal.
Next, let’s talk about creating your tribe. Regardless of what your goal is, there are external factors that can affect whether you achieve your goal or not.
We are individually the result of the environment* we choose* to live in.
*Environment: is the surroundings or conditions in which a person, animal, or plant lives or operates.
*Choice: to decide on a course of action
Although there are some factors that are completely out of our hands, we each need to take some personal responsibility for our own health and well-being, at any stage, we can make a choice which will either lead us to a healthier life and vice versa.
As the new year is well and truly underway it’s the perfect time to sit and reflect on your environment and assess how your environment; work, sleep, relationships (friends/family/partners), social encounters, and information resources (instagram, netflix) may be hindering your own health and well being?
What I mean by this is,
- Are you getting mislead from social media posts on nutrition and exercise which is causing problems with your health or has lead to an injury?
- Has social media changed your opinion or warped your sense of normal on what health and well being looks like?
- Are you staying up too late and not getting adequate sleep for recovery?
- Are the people you surround yourself with supportive of your goals?
- Are you receiving the right information?
- Do you feel drained or energised after social encounters?
These are just a few examples which could affect, mood, behaviour, motivation, to accomplishing a goal.
When working towards a fitness, health or wellbeing goal it is important to surround yourself with a tribe and/or environment which is going to support your journey.
Here at Thrive we offer a range of different physical therapies and rehabilitation modalities to ensure that you are getting the most up-to-date evidence-based treatment, education and advice.
So if you are looking to take back control of your health and immerse yourself with a Tribe that’s soul goal is getting you to Thrive come and see one of our experienced practitioners today.
Looking for tips, advice and education for all things health and wellbeing, follow us on Facebook